*swallows a watermelon seed* *thinks about that episode of Rugrats*
Danai Gurira portrait at the Getty Images Portrait Studio
By Samsung Galaxy at Comic-Con International 2014 at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.
Christian Dior Fall/Winter 2005 Haute Couture
“Portrait of Marie-Louise, the first Queen of the Belgians” (detail), c.1841, Franz Xaver Winterhalter.
If any potential Ariannes want to come and sit on the street you can email me at email@example.com. —Aimee Richardson (@Aimee_P_R)
Antonina Vasylchenko Backstage at Dior Spring 2013 Couture.
Some other facts about Josephine Baker (Freda Josephine McDonald)
- She first married at the age of 13
- She danced alongside Ethel Waters at the Plantation Club in New York City
- She tried to bring her career to America in 1936 but the racism forced her back to France
- She was a member of the Free French forces during WWII
- She also worked for the French Resistance during WWII. She smuggled messages in her underwear and music sheets.
- She was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion of Honour for her work with the French military
- She was married 4 times
- She adopted 12 children from around the world
- She attended the March on Washington and was one of the speaker’s
- In 1973 she finally got to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC
- Princess Grace of Monaco was a friend of Josephine Baker
- Josephine Baker died in her sleep of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1975 at the age of 69
- Over 20,000 people attended her funeral procession in Paris
- May 20th is Josephine Baker Day as declared by the NAACP because of her Civil Rights work
Sharon Kavjian by Pamela Hanson for Glamour UK, June 2013
Li Wei backstage at Badgley Mischka Spring/Summer 2014
Devon for Self Service January 1998 (1998)
Photography Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin Hair Eugene Souleiman Make-up Lisa Butler Styling Nancy Rohde
Viktor and Rolf: 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 by Artimo
Okay so I am looking through the cast list for Exodus, trying to find out what the ethnicities are of all the main characters….see if they put any black people in there….so the top people….white American and/or British (with some racial ambiguities):
So I keep scrolling down looking for a black person and oh! here is the first one!
great, I think, wonder what he is playing….
…….so I keep scrolling and here are all the choice roles black people, as of what I could see, got in this glorious film:
thanks, Ridley!! really did blacks and arabs a great service here, you racist asshole